Search the forum,

Discuss 798x798 Polished Porcelain in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

liamcaldwell

Hi all,

Recently bought 20m2 of 798x798 polished porcelain tiles.

Laying these in a new build property in the kitchen. It will be on a concrete floor.

I will post a picture of the floor layout.

I will be helping my dad in laying the tiles as obviously they are a large tile.

I was hoping for advice\ useful tips when laying these large format tiles.

Many thanks.

Screenshot_20160126-170205.png

B

Bill

Try and prep the floor as flat as possible before you begin. It will save a lot of pain if you get the prep right.

L

liamcaldwell

Thanks all the advice is billy bonus.

My dads helping but I'm paying for all materials so helps been able to budget elsewhere in the house.

Has anybody got any experience of laying this size tile? Worried it may look silly in this sized room , but think it should look OK. At the price I paid for the tile I originally wanted I compromised on the size of the tile. Or should I not sorry?

Thanks everybody

S

Spare Tool

Just finished 130sqm running through 4 rooms today with 800x800s..spend as much time as you can with a 6ft straight edge and slc any dips in the floor, also spend as long as it takes to set out floor, don't rush it and leave it to chance, drylay a few then get your tape measure and laser line out, we spent 3hours juggling things round to avoid any small cuts, used a 12mil trowel and skimmed back of tile, definitely get some sort of leveling clips, invaluable for these tiles..
WP_20160114_16_23_32_Pro.jpg
WP_20160120_12_27_14_Pro.jpg

Reply to 798x798 Polished Porcelain in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen