Currently reading:
6mm insulation boards on concrete under slate floor

Discuss 6mm insulation boards on concrete under slate floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
Hi just hoping someone far more knowledgeable will have the answer. I've got a concrete floor which is a bit crumbly in places. I plan to stick down 6mm polystyrene insulation boards then underfloor heating and slate tiles. Is this sensible or will I ruin the tiles?

I wouldn't lay anything on a crumbly floor!! Any pics?

C

contactkay

Here's a rough photo, was slightly worried someone might mention to sort the crumbly floor out first. Would the insulation boards not sort that out?

- - - Updated - - -

And the pipework is all gone :)

Attachments

• phone 21st Nov 12 104.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 181

Reply to 6mm insulation boards on concrete under slate floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which is very thick concrete. He wants electric underfloor heating but I'm concerned he'll lose too much...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement