Search the forum,

Discuss 50m2 concrete slab, needs levelling and then sloping before tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

kkckkc

Hi everyone. I need some advice on my garage floor which I wish to tile. The slab is 6m by 8m and was set two years ago. It has a bulge line going from North to South, middle of slab. I have ground this down as much as I can using a diamond rotary grinder and at the same time I have buffed up the remaining area - removed the top 2-4 mm.

I am now in a position where at the edges I would need to add about 1.5cm to 2cm in order to level the area completely.

Then I would like to add a very gentle slope to allow water be pushed towards the doorway but not steep enough that if the car handbrake fails, the car rolls into the garage door. I think a minimum slope to allow unaided drainage is 2%, so my target would be about 0.5%. This means that the difference in height across the 6m would be 3cm.

Finally, I would lay the tiles.

What's the best material to use for leveling? I prefer to avoid SLC since it's quite expensive. If I use concrete, do I need to let it cure before laying tiles - in which case concrete is not an option.

What's the best way to slope the slab prior to applying the tiles?

Can I just use tile adhesive for leveling, sloping and laying or is there a cheaper and easier to manage alternative for leveling and sloping?

Many thanks, kkckkc.

Reply to 50m2 concrete slab, needs levelling and then sloping before tiling in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen