Search the forum,

Discuss 20mm thick marble in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
hi all

been to look at a job and ive been booked in, 20m conservatory with undertile heating.
now they have had their heads turned by the marble work top fitter. he has said that in hampstead heath and other posh london places people are having slabs of marble cut into 1500x1000mm tiles and put down on the floors.
ive got the underfloor heating work there if they go for slate(i lay) or the marble. thing is the marble is atleast 20mm thick, would this effect the heating in anyway as its the only form of heating going into the conservatory or would it heat up fine.
obviously any effect on the heating would go in my favour.

any info would be appreciated

M

Mike

i didn't think ufh heating would be sufficient to heat a conservatory as a primary heat source regardless of what tiles were laid. the heat would still get through the marble, it just may take longer to heat up. why not suggest the customers looking for a better price on the marble elsewhere (you may then get the job)

T

The D

i didn't think ufh heating would be sufficient to heat a conservatory as a primary heat source regardless of what tiles were laid. the heat would still get through the marble, it just may take longer to heat up. why not suggest the customers looking for a better price on the marble elsewhere (you may then get the job)

You have to be kidding m8 I’ve had ufh in my conservatory for years the radiators are useless so don’t even turn them on in there since the ufh went in.

Reaction score
hi Mike
the marble work tops are all booked in ready to go this week.
with regards to the heating,warm up said that it should be warm enough with insulation boards.
i think i'll call them again tomorrow and get them to confirm it,they dont want tile warmers they want room heat.
their plumber said their boiler couldnt run another radiator off it so im not sure what their choices are now if warm up will not heat the room.
thanks for your reply

H

hillhead

I fitted 2300 x 1300 x 20mm marble lately with wet UFH.
Hard and heavy work and cost a fortune, I have to put a red rojo border around too.
No probs with heat there I can say.

Reaction score
hi all
sorry you was all replying while i was writing.
there will be 10mm insulation boards under the warm up then below that is a 3inch screed with insulation below that.
it will be the 150 watt warm up single wire system.
does everybody agree that the marble will take longer to heat up and warm the room??
many thanks all

J

jay

hi all
sorry you was all replying while i was writing.
there will be 10mm insulation boards under the warm up then below that is a 3inch screed with insulation below that.
it will be the 150 watt warm up single wire system.
does everybody agree that the marble will take longer to heat up and warm the room??

yes it will take longer to warm up ,but may i ask whats under the screed as far as substrate thanks (ufh is just to take the chill off the tiles not a main source of heating)

Reply to 20mm thick marble in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen