Search the forum,

Discuss 15mm ply on bathroom floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bill

As @Adey1980 states above our boards would be ideal. We recommend a thin layer of tile adhesive underneath, screw down with 12 x screws and tape the joints with an alkaline resitant tape.

I have attached our brand new installation guide here which may be of use.
You guide shows the wall board over plasterboard without joint tape.........

B

Bill

The picture may not show tape but point 3 'finishing joints' outlines that it is required.

Hope that answers any confusion!
Not really as your guide clearly shows that it isn't being used - it is either a **** up or it isn't really needed and if it is the former then your marketing department needs to look closely at details.

Hope that clears up any confusion with my observations.

Reaction score
The diagram doesn't show any joints and that's why you can't see the tape on the install picture. But it is there in the details and instructions.

Tape is required on all joints in all installations with HardieBacker.

B

Bill

The diagram doesn't show any joints and that's why you can't see the tape on the install picture. But it is there in the details and instructions.

Tape is required on all joints in all installations with HardieBacker.
Look at page 11.............

Reaction score
Ok Tom I get what you mean now, I see you mean the actual picture showing the chap installing tiles not the diagram which I thought you meant.

So yes you are right thats an old picture and SHOULD show the tape over the joints.

Great spot and apologies over the confusion

Reply to 15mm ply on bathroom floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen