Search the forum,

Discuss 12mm / 18mm / 22mm in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I need to sort my floor out before I can lay tiles on it so seeking advice from the knowledge base out here.

I have floorboard on top of joist. On top of the floorboards, I have wooden battens placed on average of 360mm - 400mm centre. Wet UFH has been run across the wooden battens and then its been covered with pug screed / dry screed / biscuit screed. Old tiles were laid onto a very thin layer of SLC on the screed.

As I have taken out the old tiles, I have cleared the previous SLC. This has taken out small chunks of the dry screed as well. I intend to overlay NMP onto the dry screed (given its thermal conductivity) and then lay tiles on top.

My question is whether I can use the 12mm or do I have to have a minimum of 18mm NMP? Also, do I fill the small portion where screed has come out or need not worry?

I am in a severe time crunch here as we are living in the property and have young kids.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks.

20210425_125320.jpg

Reply to 12mm / 18mm / 22mm in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen