Search the forum,

Discuss £1000 in a week in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bobbin

I have and I am at the moment, but to be fair I am working from 7:30am through till about 6:30pm and 7 days a week, I have a big contract with a local building company and I am there tiler and decorator and they have some very large new builds/extensions and renovations on the go and they have just signed a new contract in the Isle Of Wight for three new builds.

As I see it I am taking all that is offered and I am happy to work hard to get it. Been with them since christmas and they are very busy at the moment so I am counting my lucky stars.

Hope you all pick up soon. :8:

B

bobbin

Oh yeah, that was my fault mate, did it wrong, thanks for pointing that out. :oops:
Works now, forgive the site, not finished yet, this is just a front page, should get it done soon though.

B

brian c

yes i have on a good few occasions but not solely from tiling.MATS,TILES,SUITE AND TILING...£1000 EASY AND IM NOT BLOWING MY TRUMPET JUST BEING HONEST.

D

davy_G

Ive done it twice in 2 years, usually large floors. Not a good average, ie 1 in 50.

Still nice when it does happen!

T

theyomper

I have on many an occassion.
Don't be blinkered when you are discussing work with a customer use your biggest asset...your ears. If both the hubby and wife are there discussing the job listen to what they are saying to each other, they will drop hints on what they are both wanting to acheive. It gives you an opening to other work.
Most businesses will rely on the profits from 'Add Ons' rather than the core product. Add On's in this trade being ....materials...underfloor heating...bathroom suites (team up with a plumber if required)...even down to supplying the tiles, sit back and make a list of what you could sell and how you would sell it.
My builder mate says I'm expensive but I won't lower my prices, even in this CC, and have a very good mark up on materials. I'm in business to make a good living not to slave away getting very little in return. I set myself a target of £1000 a week and will aim to meet that.

B

Bolter

Have done a few times if the work is right (i.e large floors)

Havent been close for a while though because sites are on a slow down, so instead of having a run of houses to go at, we get one at a time. Still earning good money, and am very grateful for it.

T

trevortine

With ya there brian, same as you aint blowin any trumpets but happens on a regular basis and not that difficult when ur busy. Made nearly 2 grand in a week last november, now that was a one off:hurray:

Reply to £1000 in a week in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen