Search the forum,

Discuss 100% Coverage in wet area small tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
So i got 100mm x200mm metro tiles with ridges on the back and i am aiming for 100% coverage in the shower area.

I have been using a 6mm round notched trowel and its not quite getting the coverage

Is the only way to todo this is to back skim every tile?

Is it worth looking to buy another trowel too speed up the process or is back skimming all of them the only way??

Reaction score
Mix adhesive on the slightly wet side and make sure to rub tiles Into the adhesive bed to create a full bond.
Thanks for the reply.

I tried mixing it up wetter and went up a notch size. Which ended up with alot of adhesive oozing out the joints. Still wasnt able to get 100% coverage.

I think the grooves were just too deep.

Once i got into the swing of it backskimming all the tiles wasbt so bad. Think i was just being lazy and whinging.

Reply to 100% Coverage in wet area small tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen