Search the forum,

Discuss Your professional thoughts please. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
As above the costs needed arguing or refusing before the work took place.

Now you've had it done you can't really argue the costs.

But the quality should be A1 for that price. So that's what you need to point out.

Give them chance to correct work before getting too shirty with them. Last thing you want is communication to break down.

Sam

-
Reaction score
You can't really queery costs if you agreed to price before they started work , that's a bit out of order, but also I appreciate their price is , but you should concentrate on work quality

Thank you and I agree, that wouldn’t be fair. It’s part of a home renovation and we have costing for tiling for the bathroom, but it was only after he’d done the work that he realised the wall tiles weren’t in included (it was the floor tiles only) and it only then he informed us and gave us his costing. We never had the opportunity to agree the additional costs.

Reaction score
Thank you and I agree, that wouldn’t be fair. It’s part of a home renovation and we have costing for tiling for the bathroom, but it was only after he’d done the work that he realised the wall tiles weren’t in included (it was the floor tiles only) and it only then he informed us and gave us his costing. We never had the opportunity to agree the additional costs.

That sounds a little underhand . . .

D

Dumbo

Are you saying he gave you the price after the work was done

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If it wasn't discussed beforehand then there wasn't a contract to see out either side.

Floor needs paying for as agreed.

Walls are questionable then.

Reply to Your professional thoughts please. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen