Search the forum,

Discuss Worst bathroom tiling job ever seen in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to look at this post. I've used this forum many times in the past, but never posted. Hopefully this is in the right place!

The reason for this first post... Complete disappointment at how badly my parents bathroom fitout has been finished.

I'm absolutely gutted for my parents as this is the first time they've ever spent any amount of money like this to have a job properly done and I don't think they'll ever do it again.

The job was meant to take 2 weeks and it's now been 4 weeks and it's still not finished. Apparently they've said they'll put right anything my parents are unhappy about, but I can't see how that's possible without ripping it all out and starting again - with someone that can actually tile.

Any advice as to what they should do would be greatly appreciated. Do you agree that this is a bad job? Do you think it would be unreasonable for them to withhold payment or ask for it to be ripped out. I'd be reluctant to use the same people again.
IMG_1170.JPG
IMG_1171.JPG
IMG_1172.JPG
IMG_1174.JPG
IMG_1175.JPG
IMG_1176.JPG
IMG_1177.JPG
IMG_1178.JPG
IMG_1179.JPG
IMG_1180.JPG
IMG_1181.JPG
IMG_1182.JPG
IMG_1183.JPG
IMG_1184.JPG
IMG_1185.JPG
IMG_1186.JPG
IMG_1187.JPG
IMG_1188.JPG
IMG_1189.JPG
IMG_1190.JPG
IMG_1191.JPG
IMG_1192.JPG
IMG_1193.JPG
IMG_1194.JPG
IMG_1195.JPG
IMG_1196.JPG
IMG_1197.JPG
IMG_1198.JPG
IMG_1199.JPG
IMG_1200.JPG
IMG_1201.JPG
IMG_1173.JPG

O

On one

Maybe not the worst tiling I have ever seen,but hard to see how it can be improved without starting again.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yes l do agree, that is a bad,! Job. I would not be happy having to pay for that. A considerable amount of remedial work is required to put it right.

Reaction score
Maybe not the worst. Initially it looks ok, until you start to look at the detail. Perhaps I've over reacted a little, but I was just so gutted for my parents.

Reply to Worst bathroom tiling job ever seen in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen