Discuss Worst bathroom tiling job ever seen in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to look at this post. I've used this forum many times in the past, but never posted. Hopefully this is in the right place!

The reason for this first post... Complete disappointment at how badly my parents bathroom fitout has been finished.

I'm absolutely gutted for my parents as this is the first time they've ever spent any amount of money like this to have a job properly done and I don't think they'll ever do it again.

The job was meant to take 2 weeks and it's now been 4 weeks and it's still not finished. Apparently they've said they'll put right anything my parents are unhappy about, but I can't see how that's possible without ripping it all out and starting again - with someone that can actually tile.

Any advice as to what they should do would be greatly appreciated. Do you agree that this is a bad job? Do you think it would be unreasonable for them to withhold payment or ask for it to be ripped out. I'd be reluctant to use the same people again.
IMG_1170.JPG
IMG_1171.JPG
IMG_1172.JPG
IMG_1174.JPG
IMG_1175.JPG
IMG_1176.JPG
IMG_1177.JPG
IMG_1178.JPG
IMG_1179.JPG
IMG_1180.JPG
IMG_1181.JPG
IMG_1182.JPG
IMG_1183.JPG
IMG_1184.JPG
IMG_1185.JPG
IMG_1186.JPG
IMG_1187.JPG
IMG_1188.JPG
IMG_1189.JPG
IMG_1190.JPG
IMG_1191.JPG
IMG_1192.JPG
IMG_1193.JPG
IMG_1194.JPG
IMG_1195.JPG
IMG_1196.JPG
IMG_1197.JPG
IMG_1198.JPG
IMG_1199.JPG
IMG_1200.JPG
IMG_1201.JPG
IMG_1173.JPG

O

On one

Maybe not the worst tiling I have ever seen,but hard to see how it can be improved without starting again.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yes l do agree, that is a bad,! Job. I would not be happy having to pay for that. A considerable amount of remedial work is required to put it right.

Reaction score
Maybe not the worst. Initially it looks ok, until you start to look at the detail. Perhaps I've over reacted a little, but I was just so gutted for my parents.

B

Blunt Tool

For starters ...... finish round window, trim used at bottom but squint, then sides and top no trim and should have been trim or tiles mitred. L shaped cuts cut short and filled in with grout, walls and floor. Finish around upvc window thick and not cleaned off well. Finish to ceiling thick and not finished off well. Grout not been cleaned off well. Chips in tiles where been cut. For starters

B

Blunt Tool

Also is that a new shower as suspect shower is old as you can see the chrome has worn off and now see the brass?

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Robbie aswell, plenty of good guys with years of experience on here and willing to help you.
Thanks everyone for taking the time to look at this and replying. I suspect it wasn't a professional tiler. More like a plumber who thought they could tile. If my parents had asked me, I would have suggested a different trades person for each of the jobs.

Reply to Worst bathroom tiling job ever seen in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks