Search the forum,

Discuss Why you should do a bounce test and then check the floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Got to be something on here that'll do the job.

Joist Hangars - Search Results | NoLinksToThis

M

Mr Tiler

Thanks for the replies.
im going to run a perimeter nogging, then two rows of 4x 2 noggings going the length of the floor. All glued amd screwed. The sleeper walls are level, so I'm sure I can get the floor flat and level. Will have to do some packing on the sleeper walls, after making all the pipework alterations I've talked the customer into letting me fit 50mm kingspan between the joists, ( extra cost). Then fitting 22mm ply, glued and screwed ready for the aqua4ma wet room tray and floor panels.

thats in theory anyway.
You clearly know your stuff buddy... You doing the pipework too? :yikes:

M

Mr Tiler

Only plumbing I have ever done was fitting the 15mm push fitting to my new shower lol surprisingly went well haha

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Oow Oow! Where can I get some? Haha
good luck Chalker, don't forget the progress pics pls! :builder2:
Here's this mornings work/ update.
wold have really liked to replace the joists, but I'm on a price and the joists go through into the hallway next to the bathroom.
1st pic shows the gap under one of the joists.
i cut some new packers for under the joists to level the floor and then ran a noggin round the outer edge. This was then secured to the dividing wall.
two other rows of noggins were fitted, one which will go down the centre of the 1st sheet of ply and one to support the ply edge.
the joists which will end up where the shower waste will go have been trimmed too.
have finished the pipework and drainage alterations so will be insulation and fitting plywood tomorrow . Got to get the ceiling boarded by lunchtime as the plasterer is coming!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 66
M

Mr Tiler

brilliant stuff mate looks a lot neater and safer now!.. did the packers you mentioned go all around the perimeter of the room to bring it all up level? or just used to sit under the ones that were not quite sitting correctly? cheers

Reply to Why you should do a bounce test and then check the floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen