Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Why you should do a bounce test and then check the floor in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Started a bathroom today, bounced on the floor and in more than one place it was terrible. So instead of taking traps up and fitting noggins ,i decided to lift the whole floor.
heres what I found!
no noggins at all.
no perimeter noggins.
two of the joists were nearly an inch from touching the sleeper wall.

Looks like some work tomorrow!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
M

Mr Tiler

Brilliant example chalker thanks for sharing what do you plan to do to get the beams all sitting level on the sleeper wall? Cheers

C

charlie1

Brilliant example chalker thanks for sharing what do you plan to do to get the beams all sitting level on the sleeper wall? Cheers

Looks like two issues need to be addressed mrT
1, excessive bounce
2, floor possible not flat / level.

Ask yourself. How would you fix these two problems? I know it's hard as your only looking at pics, it's difficult to see exactly what's going on.

M

Mr Tiler

Same as whitebeam but more than a couple of noggins lol. Also if the joists are too far out and shims can't be used it would be a case of bolting 2x4 to the existing joists but at the correct level and fixing timber to the 2x4's... All theory of course as I have no experience of levelling out a timber floor ;) so please don't slate me lmao

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.
im going to run a perimeter nogging, then two rows of 4x 2 noggings going the length of the floor. All glued amd screwed. The sleeper walls are level, so I'm sure I can get the floor flat and level. Will have to do some packing on the sleeper walls, after making all the pipework alterations I've talked the customer into letting me fit 50mm kingspan between the joists, ( extra cost). Then fitting 22mm ply, glued and screwed ready for the aqua4ma wet room tray and floor panels.

thats in theory anyway.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Got to be something on here that'll do the job.

Joist Hangars - Search Results | NoLinksToThis

M

Mr Tiler

Thanks for the replies.
im going to run a perimeter nogging, then two rows of 4x 2 noggings going the length of the floor. All glued amd screwed. The sleeper walls are level, so I'm sure I can get the floor flat and level. Will have to do some packing on the sleeper walls, after making all the pipework alterations I've talked the customer into letting me fit 50mm kingspan between the joists, ( extra cost). Then fitting 22mm ply, glued and screwed ready for the aqua4ma wet room tray and floor panels.

thats in theory anyway.
You clearly know your stuff buddy... You doing the pipework too? :yikes:

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Got to be something on here that'll do the job.

Joist Hangars - Search Results | NoLinksToThis
Might be a good option mate, but with sleeper walls already there , that's the fist option as its the most solid.

Reply to Why you should do a bounce test and then check the floor in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks