Currently reading:
Which trowel and grout line size for my tiles please?

Discuss Which trowel and grout line size for my tiles please? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

essexsi

Hi all,

Thanks for the great help I have recieved in other questions.
Hopefully a couple of quick and easy answers for you pro's!!!
The following is in a walk in shower and the area will be tanked appropriately. I think I am right to be using a flexi adhesive on both with a long bucket life as this is first proper DIY tiling job, Ardex 7+G I believe is well thought of.

Wall
Plaster on block
Ceramic Tile size 300x600mm

Was thinking of using a 10mm trowel and using a 2mm grout line. Am I close?

Floor
Concrete screed
Ceramic tile size 300x300mm

Was thinking the same 10mm trowel as wall but maybe a 3mm grout line for the floor.

Any input appreciated.

Cheers Si

T

Time's Ran Out

Si - Agreed with others - however I'd tend to keep the joint size the same and therefore you should be able to follow the wall and floor joints (1 wall tile to 2 floor tiles).
I said should because the extra joint in the floor tiles may push the line out. Check the tiles prior to setting out the room as some matching tiles for wall/floor tend to manufactured with a joint allowance.:thumbsup:

John.

D

DHTiling

Lol John,

Sorry I obviously didn't read it carefully.
Nah my bathboard is still lovely and clean. I thought I might wrap it in clingfilm to make cleaning easy.

Do you remember covering your school books with wallpaper to protect them? I might do my bathboard in some dodgy old stuff that I have lying around :lol::lol:.

was poor...woodchip..:lol:

Reply to Which trowel and grout line size for my tiles please? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.