Search the forum,

Discuss Which Tile Adhesive for Wooden Floors? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

fizz_bosh

Hi,
Sorry to be a pain, but so many adhesives, such a broad price range & I'm easily confused..
I'm glueing & screwing 6mm orbry boards to sound t&g floor boards. Can you advise me on a brand / type of adhesive to use?
6mm notched has been suggested.is this ok?
I will screw the boards down at 300 centres, with washers - its just the addy I'm confused about. I asked the tiler alot of questions already & thought I'd try here first, you guys are always so helpful!!!

(On top of the boards will be 600x600 porcelain tiles, half the room is cement screed subfloor; the tiler is using SLC to level heights with my 6mm boards on the t&g half).

Thanks in advance :)

F

fizz_bosh

Oh.. And do you think I should prime the t&g before glueing/screwing the tile backer boards down? Any primer recommendations?
Thank you ....

D

DHTiling

As a Tiler , i would be installing these boards as it is me who would be guaranteeing the tiling.. can i ask why your tiler isn't installing these boards.?

F

fizz_bosh

Money, and time. He is short of time. I am short of cash. I will talk it over with him again, but with the right advice, I know I can fit these boards, staggered neatly with the right fixings. I have used marmox boards before in bathroom, but didn't have to stick them that time as they were fixed to boxing in/bath frame.
I'm only asking for advice on materials guys. If I win the euro millions on Saturday, I'll get every tradesman in to finish my extension.it's only been 16 months of hard work/learning from mistakes & asking the experts on forums like this ...

D

Dougs Third Go

same as, tiler should be doing it . If there's a failure on the prep no doubt the tiler will get the blame.

B

bugs183

Well i built my own house so i know where he's coming from if he's on a budget.
Anyway, i'd use grey Bal or Mapei flexible cement based adhesive, prime with whichever primer is compatible with that adhesive, don't mix products from different manufacturers. I'd be tepmted to up to an 8 or even a 10mm trowel, comb the floor then screw the boards whilst the adhesive is still wet.
Also check for pipe and electric runs under the floor.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
?? Which one ??

Its not rocket science is glueing and screwing, let him do it, saves him money.
It tiles come awY from the boards its tilers fault, boards come away from floor, blokes fault, seems simple to me. And im sure tiler will put more screws in if he thinks not enough,but at least this bloke is in contact with tiler and coming here for advice :)

R

Rookery

I'd use an 8mm notch trowel and glue with Mapei Keraquick or Weber RSF, plus 25mm screws thru marmox type washers.

Reply to Which Tile Adhesive for Wooden Floors? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen