Search the forum,

Discuss What's The Black Stuff? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

p4ulo

I did my own kitchen floor recently, lino tiles stuck down with the same stuff, came up very easily. I did a single cream consistency Slurry coat with rapidest adhesive and SBR, and it works a treat. Hopefully no asbestos mate!

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
What's the white stuff?
It's SBR slurry! !

Battery low on phone hence no flash

1446472244688107334928.jpg

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

The adhesive was known as ATA asphalt tile adesive, it was bitumen based and was used for laying thermoplastic tiles the type you had to heat up before laying.

And yes there was an element of asbestos in the tile.

Wear the correct PPE respiratory mask, if you have to remvove these tiles, a standard mask will not protect against asbestos.

Reply to What's The Black Stuff? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen