Search the forum,

Discuss What's the best way of finishing this?... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
DSCF0988.jpg

12mm height difference - width of the door.

Had to use 18mm ply in bathroom and 6mm cement board in hallway - different tiles but same thickness.

Could I pack out most of the depth with cement board then use grout to profile the slope?

Any other ideas?

D

dagger

a piece of 2x1 ripped in half and put a Re (round edge) on it then paint it white and stick it down with no nails!

or a piece of 12mm timber painted white and no nails (square edge).

best solution IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Cheers guys! Any more ideas - is my grout one pants?
Just that the same colour grout is used in both rooms so would look best aesthetically - not sure how practical though.
Wood is a good idea, but is there anything in the market to solve this problem?

D

david campbell

Just that the same colour grout is used in both rooms so would look best aesthetically - not sure how practical though.

not very kean on your grout idea m8!
you can buy angled strips for real wood,i have one between the hall and the kitchen don't know where to get them but the local diy places would be a good place to start! might need a bit of the door though:thumbsup:

D

dagger

not after you have installed the tiles but for the future Schulter do a thing called the RENO RAMP....cant find you a pic online but basically its a trim inder the tiles on the high point and a flap that leans downward onto the low point....i hope that makes sence!!

best wishes

oh and the grout idea is not a good one!!!! hehehee it will crack and fall away!

D

dagger

a great idea, and a product i have not seen before, however, no 12mm only 10 and 15mm.

still 15mm and a good bed of silicone and your away!

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Transition strip from Topps. For height differences of around 15mm if I remember rightly :thumbsup:

Brass or brushed Chrome...........effect

D

Daz

I'd say this is the kind of thing you require...

B&Q Select Real Wood Veneer Threshold Natural/Oak Effect (L) 90cm, 0000003674420

Hopefully, that link will work. Basically, take a trip to your local DIY shed and take a look at "Transition strips". They are designed to take out floor height differences upto approx 22mm.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks guys - this is what the forums all about - lots to look at now!

Reply to What's the best way of finishing this?... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen