Search the forum,

Discuss whats the best online or book iling coarse or training dvds in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alan M

hi there.
i am looking for some books or dvds, or online coarses on tiling. im not really looking for the diy version but something with good info in there.
id like to learn to do tiling properly and see the best tips and tricks for doing it.
i havnt really the time or money to do a full time tiling coarse

thanks in advance

D

DHTiling

You cannot learn from a book or DVD..?. Hands on training and placements.. is the way.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'm with Dave on that, hands on experience is the only way to learn and it takes years. If there is a particular problem you need answers to then ask for advice on here where people will be more than happy to point you in the right direction

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

As Dave and Pete for me, no short cuts unfortunately:thumbsup: good luck though.

G

Gazzer

You will learn more from this forum than any book ( which will soon get dated) The forum will move with the times and building practices, such as the Gyvlon screeds etc and advancement in product technology within the Adhesive departments etc.

Saying that , a good book to obtain is the Weber guide ( Bible) , If you get caught with lack of internet its a good read. :smilewinkgrin:

F

Fred

yes, you can not learn from books, but they will tell you if the trade is for you!! I've been tiling nine years now, and working with other blokes week in week out, I learn more and more. Books do not tell you about bent walls, uneven floors etc"..".......I love tiling????? I do.

D

DHTiling

Just to clarify by what i meant... you will learn loads about the how too's etc from books and the bs standards and adhesive selections etc etc but you need hands on tiling to see even if you as an individual are even suited to tiling.. then you start to learn the trade over a long period and then you still never stop learning... all this experience alone will not come from reading or watching..

hope that sounded better :)

A

Alan M

thats what i was afraid of.only joking. i knew the books etc wouldnt teach everything but thought that they might show the basics and give me a bit of info on the products out there. i will lokk into the webber book. i joined this forum to learn the stuff that books cant ,wont or forgot to show you. all books have to be taken as opinion and read with contempt to a point as they usually are product biased.
i understand that im not going to be a pro over night, its practice that does that. i was hoping to avoid some (hopefully all)the stupid little things that shouldnt happen.

if i was to buy 2-3 books(etc) what would you reconmend

D

DHTiling

BS5385.... not cheap.. :)

All basic books online are aimed at DIY... i state basic as not many pro ones.. as mentioned above hrs upon hrs of reading on here followed by questions w ill serve you well... then you need hands on..

M

Mike

it's a bit like the highway code book,it teaches you a lot but it doesn't teach you to drive

Reply to whats the best online or book iling coarse or training dvds in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen