Search the forum,

Discuss Whats that arrow on the underside of my tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

I believe it to be direction of travel thro ovens/kilns. And it would make sense that the pattern flows that way because it’s the direction of travel through process. If there’s a fairly even split between arrows and non arrows it’s generally cos at the end of the process, 60 x 60’s are cut in half. That’s why it’s only on some and not others.

Filip

TF
Reaction score
I believe it to be direction of travel thro ovens/kilns. And it would make sense that the pattern flows that way because it’s the direction of travel through process. If there’s a fairly even split between arrows and non arrows it’s generally cos at the end of the process, 60 x 60’s are cut in half. That’s why it’s only on some and not others.
I only have 1 here so i cannot check an others, I didn't know they could of started out as 60x60.
So if it is deemed an important issue by the manufacturer to aid the installer with arrows then why cut them off on half of them.

B

Bill

I only have 1 here so i cannot check an others, I didn't know they could of started out as 60x60.
So if it is deemed an important issue by the manufacturer to aid the installer with arrows then why cut them off on half of them.
Because a quality installer will know which way around they go, no need for arrows.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The arrows are unimportant imo, go with what looks best, some riven or pattern tiles look best all going the same way some don't.
Just look at the face of the tile if one is going in a different direction and stands out like a sore thumb , then put them all the same way, I've tiled hundreds of floors and never taken any notice of the arrows.

G

GoneGuy

First thing I check is for an arrow on back of the tile and I will lay them all in same direction

I

Italy

the arrow .... puff ....
the arrow only serves if you have calibration problems.
if one side does not have the same size as the other.
when you make the buttering, goodbye arrow ....
one day I was laying 150x75cm, and the sales representative
of the brand has come to look at the tiler.
he told me to follow the arrows ...
I replied: if you do not go away, I'll put the arrow in your a.s ...
he escaped immediately.
I did not understand the reason for his escape ...

F

Flintstone

That’s exactly what in do. They are usually all the same direction in the box. Open a box, lean it against wall, flick through and put small pencil mark on face.

Reply to Whats that arrow on the underside of my tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen