Search the forum,

Discuss Whats that arrow on the underside of my tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Filip

TF
Midlands
There are a few different thoughts on it, but I was told by a tile manufacturer it was the direction in which the tiles travelled through the manufacturing process from firing through to digital print & glazing.

I've heard that
So as the person laying them why would I need to know. I understand with carpet tiles as they have a direction of the pile and you can see the shade difference.Is it the same idea but to a lesser degree with tiles then.I have not done many rooms but never noticed it on a tile before

F

Flintstone

Here’s one I did last year with 60x60 porcelain with arrows on the back, I kept them all the same way, there’s a very clear directional patern to me
C43F4D21-CDD6-484C-8C7A-2EFDA8852296.jpeg
C419D03B-2E63-4DD6-8200-974EFF7F7A65.jpeg

Reply to Whats that arrow on the underside of my tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen