Discuss What to do with my subfloor? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

richiedc

Hi all,

would love some advice

In my new house we are putting a kitchen into a 30sqm room at the back of the house.

It has 20ml solid wood floor, TG, floated on what looks like a baton frame which is sunk into concrete. Underneath we have wet UFH

We are also knocking through, the knock through room has a subfloor (concrete) that is 20ml higher than the concrete in the new kitchen.

We don't want to keep the real wood. Likely going for porcelain wood effect tiles (10mm)

From reading forums I have come to the conclusion that the wood floor needs to go, too much bother - though my builder thinks we could screw it down, ply then ditra but it makes me very nervous.

If I remove the wood floor in the kitchen I will be left with a concrete base, with this baton frame protruding out by around 10mm.

What substrate should I put in, bearing in mind I need to get the floor up 20mm to match the subfloor in the adjoining room, and also to be conscious of the UFH and also cost (Im running out of cash fast )!

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
GYPSOL TS15 screed would do it.

R

richiedc

thanks!! Ill price up the screed option, to have another option would would be plan 2 in your mind?

Reply to What to do with my subfloor? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks