Search the forum,

Discuss What tile adhesive is used for large format tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

If the mist coat was'nt sticking to the walls as my previous post the plaster maybe over polished, even a mist coat won't soak into over troweled walls

S

stevep1

trouble is we electric sanded one wall to rough it up incase it was over polished. then tested on that every day along with the others.

D

DHTiling

Steve..

When priming try a 4:1 coat... priming to neat can cause it too skin.. watered down coats work better

W

White Room

Has the plaster been contaminated with something, did any of the primer seperate when applied to the walls.

Did you upset the plasterers by any chance ??

S

stevep1

we started with 1-4. only went to neat as a test when nothing else worked. and on the advice of palace tech. some people say dont make a barrier between tiles and wall and others say you have to because of the plaster and addy reacting. never had it before pray i dont again.

S

stevep1

dont think it seperated. they seemed like decent chaps (for plasterers). i know the house owner went through a spell of sacking plasterers. i dont suspect sabotage though.

D

DHTiling

The reaction is ettringnite and it can take 2 coats etc to fully protect and as i said before if you apply neat it can skin.

I am finding it difficult to give a reason now steve as all that i use works for me ..

Your failures haves lost me.. lets see if another set of pro eyes can recommend something..

Reply to What tile adhesive is used for large format tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen