Search the forum,

Discuss What Thickness of thermal board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
The thicker the better to allow more heat reflection.

No pun intended

Not necessarily Whitebeam. It is more to do with the R Value. for example you would get more insulation from 75mm of Polyurethane insulation than you would from 90mm of EPS70 polystyrene. Also you have to take into account the level of delfection under loading. If it is thick and spongy it would lead to a risk of high levels of defelction and subsequent failure of the tile bed. Even my Mrs knows that thick and spongy is not good........

C

curlycan

This sounds complicated.

I'm looking to install ufh in my kitchen, ( which has no heating) we have a permantley open window vent due to the gas boiler position. The kitchen is a galley shape and is 1m wide x 4m long the substrate is concrete. We would like as much heat coming through the tiles as possible but the hight is the key as we will get a step between the kitchen and hall way so i suppose it will depend on how big a step I can get away with.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire

Reply to What Thickness of thermal board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.