Search the forum,

Discuss What Size Metal Trim For 9mm Tiles? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gooty

im fitting 300x600 tiles that are 9mm thick.

i read on here that i should use a 10mm round trowel for that size tile and that it will squash down to 6mm.

I assumed that would mean id need 15mm trim but someone at topps tiles said otherwise.

can anyone advise what i need to do/buy?

thanks

W

White Room

For 9mm tiles, depending on the condition of your walls, a 8mm trowel with the tiles being back skimmed.

Trims tend to be a couple mil bigger than the thickness of the tile.

mma

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Depends, sometimes the middle of the tile can be slightly thicker than the edge. Take an off cut to your local friendly tile shop.

T

Time's Ran Out

The thickness of the adhesive bed is irrelevant it's the tile thickness that's covered so 10mm is my choice.

Reply to What Size Metal Trim For 9mm Tiles? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen