Search the forum,

Discuss What ever happened to getting a tip and maybe even a cup of tea in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Afraid so. Love my coffee!
But I don't smoke and I keep my builders bum hidden so I'm allowed one weirdness.
Bloody great idea , im gonna get one too ,
Love my lavazza creamain the morning but it seems to taste better in a proper cup rather than travel mug and its usually cold very quickly

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
When asked if I’d like a tea or coffee I’ll always ask if it’s instant coffee, which if it is I’ll ask for a strong tea with a tiny splash of milk and no sugar instead of crappy instant

I used to take my cafetière to work but I kept looking for excuses to make myself coffee. Things like ‘I’ll just get this done and then reward myself with a cup’

In reality I didn’t get that thing done but still made myself a cup.

I take my argos filter coffee machine to all jobs.. Twelve quid, absolute bargain, proper coffee every day

O

One Day

Bloody great idea , im gonna get one too ,
Love my lavazza creamain the morning but it seems to taste better in a proper cup rather than travel mug and its usually cold very quickly

70032-21de3ff595ebe0a68c9a42c5b0c573da.jpg

K

Kieks

When serving my time with mee oll mate desy ( God rest him ) , going back 15-20years ago we always got sandwiches cookies and tea , and nearly every job we got a tip .
I've been thinking lately I've not had one in a very long time.
I recently cancelled a family holiday we had planned , to tile 400 mt house the owners want to move in asap because they had a baby coming and lived in a caravan .
I worked 16 hours a day usually started at 2-3 am to escape the heat .
I think I carried 10 pallets of 1800 x250 planks tile and adhesive on my own , I complete the job in 5 weeks finished on Friday before the Saturday they moved in and they never even bothered to come and see me after completing .
I even gave them a card and Campaign to celebrate there new home .
I called them back weeks later to see how everything was and they text back . " fine "
I think people in general have become unappreciating towards trades men because they hold resentment at what we earn and they think we are scum , from all the shows they watch on tv about cowboy builders.
What do you guys think on this subject

My biggest tip I ever had was £1000 on a kitchen floor. Maybe 35sqm.

Although I’ve worked at the same house many times, I’ve done quite a bit of work for them.
They’re multi millionaires, but that was massive to me.

I had a bottle of gin tipped the other day too.

Coffee on tap too.

But also I’ve done a job where I was tiling behind the fridge, the customer asked me to move the fridge back so he could get out the milk. Made a brew by me and never offered me one. Ha ha

Reply to What ever happened to getting a tip and maybe even a cup of tea in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen