Search the forum,

Discuss What brand of wet cutting blade? in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

DS_96

-
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I was kindly given an older used Rubi ND180 smart wet cutter, it’s not in the best condition but it works and will do me for a while as I’m just starting out.

I’ve taken the disc out as it needs replacing. I’m just looking for some advice on whether you think stick to Rubi wet cutting discs or are there other brands that are a much better choice? The cutter takes a 180mm disc with a 22.2mm bore.
Any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Dan👍

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I'd recommend and ATS blade for it, had one in my cutter for over a year now and it still cuts through porcelain and quartz with no issues. That cutter isn't rated well for heavy use on harder materials like porcelain so a better blade will help with that :thumbsup:

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
eBay, red turbo thin blades, been using them for a while, mostly come direct from China.
Cheap.
Not had any problems yet.

Runs, hides, takes cover.

DS_96

-
Reaction score
I'd recommend and ATS blade for it, had one in my cutter for over a year now and it still cuts through porcelain and quartz with no issues. That cutter isn't rated well for heavy use on harder materials like porcelain so a better blade will help with that :thumbsup:

Thanks for your help Tony👍
[automerge]1575796021[/automerge]
eBay, red turbo thin blades, been using them for a while, mostly come direct from China.
Cheap.
Not had any problems yet.

Runs, hides, takes cover.
Thanks Boggs, I’ll have a look into these👍

Reply to What brand of wet cutting blade? in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen