Discuss Wet tile saw for occasional use in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am after some advice. I am after a wet tile saw for some remodelling of my house. 2 bathrooms and a kitchen and hall way which I want to Victorian tile. And as I am a plumber I will probably use it occasionally on bathrooms when I cannot get hold of a Tiler.

Thanks guys and gals. Hope you all had a nice Christmas and have a good New Year.

Cheers Leroy

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
For basic tiles and tiling the vitrex Pro is a good cutter...

For stone or large format porcelain 600x600 or bigger then the rubi ND 200

Although I generally use a grinder now.
The blades have come on leaps and bounds to what they used to be, and you can get just as good a finish as you would a wet cutter..

Reaction score
Hi, thank you for getting back to me and giving the advice.

The Tiler I used to use uses a grinder with a 1mm blade I believe. Can you cut a mosaic Victorian tile in half to make a triangle with a grinder? And without any little chips on the cut side?

Which blades would you recommend?

Again, thanks for your help.

P.s. to be honest, I was kind of a little flat looking at the options suggested as I had kind of convinced the wife I needed one on an arm. Hehe

Del W

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If youre not going to be cutting day in day out, this is ok.
Vitrex Power Max 560 560W Tile Cutter 230V - https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/vitrex-power-max-560-560w-tile-cutter-230v/89873?kpid=89873&cm_mmc=Bing-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping%20%7C%20Tools&utm_term=1100608846388&utm_content=Shopping%20-%20Tools&ds_rl=1245250&gclid=CPi0n8qGrdgCFRQtGwodTCsNRw&gclsrc=ds&dclid=CMGywMqGrdgCFWwj0wodlG4Apg

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This is the one I mean...
IMG_20171228_154455.png
it's a table saw and would be ideal for cutting small tiles in half..

Why do you want a rail cutter...?
Your limited on the size tile you can cut and imo unless your going to spend 8 to 9 hundred pound on a decent rail cutter like a dewalt d2400 then there not that good......

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I wanted a rail cutter as I am probably going to be putting large tiles in the bathrooms and thought the rail one would be the best. So you cannot cut mosaic tiles with a rail cutter as it is too big? They seem very heavy as well

Reaction score
As @jcrtiling said, and get a good quality blade for the grinder. Will be easier to carry around.

So this sigma will cut large format porcelain tiles?

Can you also recommend which blade for an angle grinder? Do you find it easy to cut a mosaic sized tile in half with an angle grinder? I am not sure you would have much control really as you would only be using one hand?

G

GoneGuy

So this sigma will cut large format porcelain tiles?

Can you also recommend which blade for an angle grinder? Do you find it easy to cut a mosaic sized tile in half with an angle grinder? I am not sure you would have much control really as you would only be using one hand?
I have got a montolit 63p tile cutter ( cuts 600x600)and purchased a mosaic mat to go with it to cut mosaic tiles.
For my grinder I have a few different blades for different tile types

Reaction score
I have got a montolit 63p tile cutter ( cuts 600x600)and purchased a mosaic mat to go with it to cut mosaic tiles.
For my grinder I have a few different blades for different tile types

Thanks. Just checked out the video on this forum of the monolith. Love the way he just packs up and goes with it on his shoulder. Very corny. Looks like a nice tile cutter though. The Matt looks ok, I guess you could cut a whole bunch of tiles into triangles in one pass

G

GoneGuy

If you got a local tile shop, pop in and have a demo on their cutters to get a feel which one you feel comfortable with.
As for blades and grinder have a look on the forum sponsor site pro tiler tools @Pro Tiler Tools

Reaction score
If you got a local tile shop, pop in and have a demo on their cutters to get a feel which one you feel comfortable with.
As for blades and grinder have a look on the forum sponsor site pro tiler tools @Pro Tiler Tools

The only tile shop I know is topps tile to be honest with you. This is a tricky one as I love the look of the montolit but sigma does seem to get the votes here on this site.

Will look on pro Tiler. Thanks for the help

D

Dumbo

Some may disagree but there is no easy way to cut mosaic tiles even with certain kit it takes practise .

Reply to Wet tile saw for occasional use in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks