Search the forum,

Discuss wet room installation in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

ran

Hi All,
Im fitting a wetroom with a toilet and basin in a 3m x3m enclosed area in the garage. The area has been studded out using 3 x2 timber , the walls of the shower area have been fitted using hardibacker 12.5mm boards, the other walls are plasterboarded . The floor ,which has ceramic tiles fitted on a concrete floor has, now a dpc membrane overlapping 4" on the walls and then been raised, using 100mm celotex installation board, under floor speedfit (layflat) pipe fitted to the board (connected to the central heating system) and then 70mm of screed over the installation board. The wet room gully has been installed also under the screed/board. I believe i now need to tank all the shower area , as it will be tiled from ceiling to floor.
Can the forum please advise if this sequence is correct and which tanking product would they recommend, just for the shower area or the whole room.

Many Thanks

I

Ian

Hi again

Does anyone have an answer to this , or am i wasting my time here!

I'm sure everyone is going to bend over backwards to help, with that kind of attitude. The information provided on this forum is free, a lot of people spend a lot of time on here helping people such as yourself so at least have a courteous attitude. It is possible that the thread has been missed.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
BAL tanking kit available from your local topps tiles. Depending on the size of your wet area you may need to purchase some membrane for the floor area. The BAL kit only come with one square metre of membrane for the floor.

J

jonnyc

Hi again

Does anyone have an answer to this , or am i wasting my time here!
I pity the poor tradesperson who will have to deal with the impatience of a man who is seeking free advice. i imagine you will expect your tiling works to be finished within 15 mins of arrival .

Reaction score
Hi Ran,

Tanking is pivotal to the wetroom/waterproofing integrity. , however there are many others to choose, which can be used throughout the wetroom area ensuring a leak free wetroom. I would advise measuring the surface temperature of the screed with under floor heating turned on to ensure no reduction in the effectiveness of the tanking.

Neil, from Impey

Reply to wet room installation in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen