Search the forum,

Discuss wet room installation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

ran

Hi All,
Im fitting a wetroom with a toilet and basin in a 3m x3m enclosed area in the garage. The area has been studded out using 3 x2 timber , the walls of the shower area have been fitted using hardibacker 12.5mm boards, the other walls are plasterboarded . The floor ,which has ceramic tiles fitted on a concrete floor has, now a dpc membrane overlapping 4" on the walls and then been raised, using 100mm celotex installation board, under floor speedfit (layflat) pipe fitted to the board (connected to the central heating system) and then 70mm of screed over the installation board. The wet room gully has been installed also under the screed/board. I believe i now need to tank all the shower area , as it will be tiled from ceiling to floor.
Can the forum please advise if this sequence is correct and which tanking product would they recommend, just for the shower area or the whole room.

Many Thanks

I

Ian

Hi again

Does anyone have an answer to this , or am i wasting my time here!

I'm sure everyone is going to bend over backwards to help, with that kind of attitude. The information provided on this forum is free, a lot of people spend a lot of time on here helping people such as yourself so at least have a courteous attitude. It is possible that the thread has been missed.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone

Reply to wet room installation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.