Search the forum,

Discuss Weight of Porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

put up some 6mm hardie backer board on the walls..this will take the weight.

He did say his walls are plastered already mate. The weight of the hardi AND the porcelain tiles would be more than just the tiles alone in this case so it's not a fix using it. Or am I reading something wrong?

As long as you can machanicaly fix as well then that is an option....hardi will not work if no fixings used as it is adding weight as Dan stated.

Reply to Weight of Porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.