Search the forum,

Discuss Weber Set Plus..... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

Can there a more dusty,unhealthy adhesive to mix?
I know it will probably say on the side of the bag mix in a well ventilated area,but today it wouldn't have mattered if you mixed it in the middle of a field,you would have still ended up with a pair of nostrils coated in white dust.
Weber introduced Low Dust technology years ago,so what's the hold up with introducing it to slow set adh?

O

On one

Was it windy down your way today...
I wish it was,I would have stood up wind when mixing it!. But as there was not a breath of wind the dust just floated in the air for ages. And wafting the dust about would have just been futile

W

White Room

I scoop out the addy from the bags just to cut down on the overflow of dust, any powdered gear would cause dust when poured from the bag into a bucket for mixing.

O

On one

......and then the whisk blows it back into the air:D can't win can ya!
Just a really fine dust???

O

On one

Yeah,slow start and variable speed Makita and then the even slower start whisk.....the bucket trowel!

J

Just Rizzle

if the only dust today for me was from a bag of addy that would be ok but as ive been on a total strip out ive been through 4 masks 3 tshirts knocking down a breeze block partition wall and stripping lime plaster from walls back to brick then latting the walls and mechanically fixing plaster boards to stripped walls
tomorrow fitting a schluter wet room system and tiling the floor going to see if its as easy as the schluter guys said it was at ctds seminar at darlo branch

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Think that's bad try mixing bal single part fast flex.....on a windy day pour it out the bag and watch £50 worth of adhesive blow down the road....lol

Btw......don't you ware a dust mask or the cheap version. ...pull your tea shirt over your mouth. ..:):):)

Reply to Weber Set Plus..... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen