Currently reading:
Uneven tiles wall

Search the forum,

Discuss Uneven tiles wall in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tile Shop

Between two tiles, no more than 1mm for grout joints less than or equal to 6mm, 2mm for joints over 6mm wide.

Then, anywhere on the walls, with a 2 metre straight edge with 3mm feet at each end, no peak in the tiling should impede the straight edge at any point, and no gap between the base of the straight edge and the tiles should exceed 6mm. Basically +/- 3mm over any 2 metre length.

It is in bs5385 part one. But i don't have my copy to hand. I can read over it in the morning and let you where it is. Its also exactly the same rule for floors.

T

Tile Shop

Found it. Section 7.1.9 - Tolerances:

7.1.9.1 Finished tile Surfaces
The surface should be true such that, when checked with a 2 m straightedge with 3 mm thick feet at each end, the straightedge should not be obstructed by the tiles and no gap should be greater than 6 mm.

There are permissible manufacturing tolerances for ceramic tiles defined in BS EN 14411; certain types of tiles, e.g. extruded or large format, might have permissible surface flatness irregularities that cannot satisfactorily be accommodated within the surface flatness tolerance permitted to the tile installer; this should be taken into account when evaluating the achievable flatness of a wall tiling installation.

NOTE - Where adhesives are used, this degree of accuracy can be achieved only when the background surface is equally true.

7.1.9.2 Across joints
There should be no appreciable difference in level across joints (commonly called "lipping") and the maximum deviation between the tile surfaces either side of the joint, including movement joints should be as follows.

a) Joints less than 6 mm wide, 1 mm.

b) Joints 6 mm or more wide, 2 mm.

Reply to Uneven tiles wall in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement