Search the forum,

Discuss uneven sub floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rich83

Hi, just wondering as havnt been able to find an answer.if you find a floor that is basicly level but isn't flat, lets say a couple of areas are depressed a half inch,and around 3ft in width,does it need full SLC pour.now I've seen a you tube vid of a guy favving About with a door skin.that he cuts to the size of void and fixing to floor,its funny to watch.but what I want to no is, is it a full SLC pour.or can SLC be used to patch.or can an Addy be used.if addy is used is it just regular or flexi,and is it to be patched and smothed and left to set before tiling. I'm considering doing my kitchen(concrete),and this has been playing on my mind,so I'd love to find out.cheers guys.

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Theres no issue filling the dips with a self leveler,just pour the mix in and let it settle.,keep topping till the indent is filled.or fill with addy- At half inch thick it could be tricky to work with.Use a straight edge instead of a trowel.(I only use flexi addy,for the price difference its well worth it ):thumbsup:

R

rich83

Excellent cheers for answer,I couldnt find an answer on patching with SLC anywhere.glad to find out .thanks

Reply to uneven sub floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen