Search the forum,

Discuss Uncoupling membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

On domestic jobs, you can use what is called a Cold expansion joint.. this is basicly a joint of around 4mm to 6mm and silicone is used.. same colour as the grout to be used..

Mapei do silicones to match all the grouts in the ultra colour range..:thumbsup:

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

Dural will make expansion joints to order, and match them to your grout colour
Based in Wakefield
01924 360110

Y

On domestic jobs, you can use what is called a Cold expansion joint.. this is basicly a joint of around 4mm to 6mm and silicone is used.. same colour as the grout to be used..

Mapei do silicones to match all the grouts in the ultra colour range..:thumbsup:

A viable alternative to metal expansion joints,but do not have as much longevity ! will inevitably need to be replaced !

Y

Bet they cost

No
main guy used to work for Schluter....
E.G...
Dural uncoupling membrane £5.00 a metre plus VAT
They will replicate ( near copy ) nearly any Schluter trim at a fraction of the cost.
Ring em and see !:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

A nice expansion joint in my opinion looks better than a bead of silicone and lasts longer in any setting,either domestic or commercial.:thumbsup:

Y

will PM you reps number
have a good chat, you will be pleased & surprised !
Love Tina xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :thumbsup:

Reply to Uncoupling membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen