Search the forum,

Discuss uncoupling membrane between limestone tiles and chipboard flooring in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tfs

I remember ooking through some literature I got from Ardex and they reccomended one of there adhesives for Ditra matting. I will have a quick look to see if I can find this.

D

Daveyboy

Can't you use a vinyl adhesive for ditra, one local shop to me does one and schluter also supply there own make

Thanks Whitebeam..I have e-mailed the techinal guys at schluter to see if they can advise a suitable product..at the moment, their information on their website does not specify any particular product...

P

Perry

i have put pesalastic on a chipboard floor but it was 40mm on thick on steel joists at 300 centres i wouldn't try it or the customer would be even more stressed when it started cracking

D

Daveyboy

ARDEX AF 200 from ARDEX UK

Every time I try the above link my internet explorer crashes..even tried going direct to www address but the same happens..will try it tomorrow...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Daveyboy

Try this on Davy Broken Link Removed

Cheers Whitebeam, Shulter have come back recommending Ardex as well so just need to get some costs from a nearby CDT...thanks again everyone :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sutwam

Hi

AF 200 or equivalent is perfect for sticking Ditra and CI Matting down. I have been to Ardex and seen this technic being used, Ardex call it a double drop method. A quick call to Ardex technical would give you full info on this method.

Both CI and Ditra are 3mm thick so its a lot thinner than the boards, and is perfect for taking the movement in the horizontal plan, but if there is any bounce in the floor that would need to be sorted before using any matting.

Reply to uncoupling membrane between limestone tiles and chipboard flooring in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen