Search the forum,

Discuss Uncoupling Adhesive for a porcelain floor. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

2020Tiling

Anyone recommend a fair priced adhesive to use on a half wood half concrete floor over layed with either ditra or similar uncoupling membrane. Tiles are Glazed porcelain

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I would use Tilemaster ultimate!
But make sure you put a movement joint where the 2 substrates meet and also cut the ditra!!
Hope that helps

2020Tiling

Ply substrate. No movement in floor at all. Could I not just over board the whole floor with 1 big sheet of 6mm hardy ?

T

tilerbarry

Clean & dust free both floors, Mapei Keraquick adhesive mixed with Mapei Latexplus troweled onto floor to stick Mapetex anti fracture membrane to wood and concrete, leave for a couple of hours then stick your tiles onto the Mapetex with Mapei Keraquick adhesive mixed with Mapei Latexplus. They do a flexible grout called Ultracolourplus aswell in 27 colours which you mix with water.

Reply to Uncoupling Adhesive for a porcelain floor. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen