Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks m8, i do enloy it :drool5: and this is the same house, but very different style in other bathroom DSC_0311.jpg

M

mattle40

Lol did u invent mitre whizz? What is it, I'm sure I've seen it before, it's an angle grinder attatchment right?

J

jonnyc

CREMA11.jpg crema.jpg CREMA6.jpg CREMA3.jpg CREMA4.jpg CREMA2.jpg CREMA 5.jpg CREMA5.jpg CREMA9.jpg CREMA10.jpg CREMA 8.jpg terracing job including pool surround, bench seating and water feature.
i brought this brabazon limestone in from france .approx 500 sq mts.
main terrace 400 x random length x 30mm thick.
all steps cuts cut and finished on site from running lengths.
this stone is not that hard but amazingly durable. I have never had any real problems with this stone over last 15 years even with t he 3 or 4 really bad winters of last five years.

J

jonnyc

thanks . sorry forgot to mention the stone pebbles .
sub base was concrete.laid stone in sand/cement and adhesive mixed together in about 10-20mm bed .
adhesive used to back the stone and base
left channels out betwee
left channels out between stone for sheets of pebbles 300mm wide and then pulled thin screed between stone and set mosiac in adhesive when screed cured.

M

MakenaTile

Here's a turtle I just carved out of a 16x16 piece of slate- The colors were all naturally there! This is the most colorful turtle I've ever carved! DSCN0429 copy.jpg DSCN0433 copy.jpg

M

MakenaTile

16x16 metallic green slate turtle DSCN0437 copy.jpg DSCN0444 copy.jpg
Same turtle looks totally different from an angle-
very dynamic stone!-
Both this and the multi-color turtle are thin down on all the edges-allowing them to be overlaid onto the surface of existing tile walls with marine grade 2 part epoxy.

M

MakenaTile

Hey Jonnyc- are the rocks around the planters loose? how about the strip in-front of the long pool couch- that's the runoff drain right? just wondering if they are loose or glued in- the ones around the planters look loose...?

R

rainsco

hi ishi, the tiles are 1000x1000mm but most of them cut to 850mm.
finished the tiling last week. the floor is cementscreed colorless sealed with epoxy. the ceiling is face concrete.

100x100-05.jpg 100x100-06.jpg

today i tried out the raifix system. (search google for videos)
it was a little restauration job. the whole house get new paint and this wall is a never ending problem. so i said to the customers i try a new mechanincal fixing system and tile this problem-wall. i use ardex X32 and the fixed the last set sideways. so its only one tile with is not mechanical fixed.
what do you think about this system? the dealer says i´m the first one who ordered this.

fassade01.jpg fassade02.jpg fassade03.jpg fassade04.jpg

Reply to UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks