Search the forum,

Discuss UFH over dural ci / ditra in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
opinions plese guys

dural ci/ditra over t and g with ufh cable encapsulated in flexi slc.

was going to do this to minimise floor height build up wondered what you all thought.

would nomally lay 10mm wedi or similar with ufh cable encapsulated in flexi slc but the client wants minimum height change

cheers

W

White Room

I laid the ufh under the ditra after self leveling, thats how schluter advised me

D

DHTiling

customers.....don't you just love them...:mad2:..the floor needs to be very solid for that method..

D

DHTiling

yep..that will work....personally if stone is being used i would still install the isolation membrane once you have levelled over the ufh..overkill maybe..but 100% right then...

D

DHTiling

Ok...then as you say...hardi and ufh/slc......as long as floor is solid then no probs...but 4mm from 10mm insulation boards is nothing though...so that is another option..insulation boards will give faster warm up times and cheaper running costs..than hardi.

D

DHTiling

10mm wedi will be better than 6mm for heat transference...but if customer is adamant then yep..just use 6mm...some insulation is better than none...if the customer is not bothered about insulation then i would just use hardi..

B

bert&ernie

I defo agree, insulation board is the way to go. As Dave said 10mm would be best but if height an issue then 6mm ok as some better then none

Reply to UFH over dural ci / ditra in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen