• UK Tiling Forum that lauched to the World. USA and UK Tile Fixers

Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum for UK Tiling Advice, and US Tile Fixers Advice, whether wall tiling or floor tiling advice, by Tilers Forums. The collective tiling advice forum. TilersForums.co.uk now redirects to TilersForums.com.

Discuss Trowel size for 900x600x15 Limestone in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
What do you guys recommend for 900 x 600 x 15 Limestone going down on Ditra Duo?
10mm-12mm notched?

Many thanks

F

Flintstone

12mm trowel isn’t gonna cut it for those tiles. Assuming the floor is spot on and the stone is calibrated, Something like a 10mm on the floor and 10mm on the back of the tile also.

Q

Qwerty

I would personally use 12mm floor and 8mm on tile.

@Lakey ... I assume you were going to use the trowel for adhesive on the back of the tile too?

F

Flintstone

I’d probably cut my own trowel to 16mm for floor and use a 4mm mosaic notch on the back of the tile, and always spread from left to right, not right to left

OP
Lakey

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for all your input.
I have varied from
12mm on the floor 6mm on tile to
12mm on the floor 12mm on tile as the stone isn't calibrated so varis by 4mm in thickness.
I'll post some pics when i'm done

Reply to Trowel size for 900x600x15 Limestone in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer