Discuss Trouble with drill when mixing thinset in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

After mixing by hand, then SDS drill with a whisk, then Rubi mixers (bad idea!) I got this a couple of years ago.
It just makes life WAY easier.

Haha Mark, from the sublime to the ridiculous, you never disappoint mate. :D

Oh on the subject of Rubi mixers, had mine since 2005-6 never even had to replace the brushes!
Well....... that was up until I just said it of course, which is worrying cos I’ve a whole pallet of slc to go down next week. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
O

One Day

Haha Mark, from the sublime to the ridiculous, you never disappoint mate. :D

Oh on the subject of Rubi mixers, had mine since 2005-6 never even had to replace the brushes!
Well....... that was up until I just said it of course, which is worrying cos I’ve a whole pallet of slc to go down next week. :p

My first Rubi Duplex mixer from about 9 years ago was brilliant. Lasted about 4 years. The new ones are complete rubbish though. I think the insides are made of pasta or something?!

O

Old Mod

My first Rubi Duplex mixer from about 9 years ago was brilliant. Lasted about 4 years. The new ones are complete rubbish though. I think the insides are made of pasta or something?!
You need to keep feeding the cockroaches inside Mark, or they give up and die. :)

B

Blunt Tool

I was mixing adhesive with my Rubi mixer on Friday just right after taking 12 boxes of 600x300 porcelain tiles up 2 flights of stairs. The sweat from my brow dropped into the top cooling vents into the motor and black smoke started pluming from it. So come on Rubi there are some tilers who break a sweat now and then and need a mixer designed for them!

W

WetSaw

Rubi are Spanish, you need to start working like a Spaniard to get the best out of their tools. Your mistake was not stopping for a coffee and *** between each box of tiles. If you'd have done that you wouldn't have broken into a sweat and it wouldn't have dripped into the mixer!

Reply to Trouble with drill when mixing thinset in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks