Discuss Trouble with drill when mixing thinset in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Rosa

TF
Reaction score
Hi!
I was using my drill to mix the thinset and smoke started to come out of it and it smelled like burning.
Has this happened to anyone else or it is only my cheap drill not been up to the job?
Is there a way to prevent this?
Thanks for any advice :)

W

WetSaw

Use a proper mixer or a better drill. Maybe you were trying to mix too much at once and too thick for your drill to cope with.

Rosa

TF
Reaction score
Thanks guys,
Yes pdc it was thick..4 adhesive for 1 water in weigh, and I pour all together. About 8 kg..
Addey I guess you have a good one?? The cheapie ones might break also and the others are very expensive...t's only one diy job...
New drill is on the list yes!
Thanks for your answers :)

G

GoneGuy

Thanks guys,
Yes pdc it was thick..4 adhesive for 1 water in weigh, and I pour all together. About 8 kg..
Addey I guess you have a good one?? The cheapie ones might break also and the others are very expensive...t's only one diy job...
New drill is on the list yes!
Thanks for your answers :)
This is the one I have, had it 2 years
Energer ENB677MIX 1220W Paddle Mixer 230-240V - https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/energer-enb677mix-1220w-paddle-mixer-230-240v/6283k

U

Unused Account 1

Get a mixer with decent size motor just got a 1600 erbauer from screwfix decent price last one lasted 3 years ,easily mixes a bag at a time

Rosa

TF
Reaction score
Shops are close so for now it's by hand...already a moster blister in my hand. Brian and plan I'll be terrified to shake hands with you!:eek::D

Reply to Trouble with drill when mixing thinset in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks