Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Trims Mitres in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Stef

Done this job today, anyone any other ways they do trim work round a window this shape?
Was thinking of going another 15mm past where I stopped & spin the trims into the reveal.
Haven't done a window like this for years.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

S

Stef

The reveals sit at an angle & I had to take the feather edge off of the back of the trim as when I put the tile in it kicked it round & my mitres never lined up.
There's no power on in the room yet & there was too much light coming in through the window for decent pictures.
If I kept my field tile going past where I have stopped (another 15mm) & then put the tiles on the reveal so in theory the reveal tile is sitting slightly behind the trim.
Hard to explain..

L

LM

I understand what you mean. Try cutting that back of the trim off with the exception of 3 to 4 'anchoring slots' of say an inch wide using a grinder with an organic disc, that'll let you wedge the trim out at the mitre to the correct plane while getting round the problem of the revel, if that makes sence. Well that's what I do when I'm faced with that problem if I understand you correctly :)

L

LM

The problem really is that when you put a roofing square per say on the window frame it needs to be square with the revel, so although my above post is a way around a problem in reality if possible I suppose it's a sorry case of a lump hammer and a couple of hours of fun :(

S

Stef

Cheers, I was stumped today how I could get round the problem & wondered how others get over this.
I think the next time I'm going to spin the trim so that you can only see the thin edge of the trim from the front.
It didn't help today that the window is not very plumb or level.

L

LM

Cheers, I was stumped today how I could get round the problem & wondered how others get over this.
I think the next time I'm going to spin the trim so that you can only see the thin edge of the trim from the front.
It didn't help today that the window is not very plumb or level.
Trouble with that in reality is that in practical terms for the customer unless you use real stainless steel almost anything will scratch the face edge of the trim! :(

S

Saltire69

I always put the trims to the inside of reveal. Always square edge as well. Find this helps level the reveals out.

Reply to Trims Mitres in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks