Search the forum,

Discuss Trim snips / metal trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

culrossblue

TF
Arms
Reaction score
What are peoples' opinion of these? I have only bumped into one tiler who uses them and he raved about them, looking briefly at them, they looked as if they cut the trim a bit curved not straight like my usual method of mitre block and hacksaw.

Also i have always used the mitre block and hacksaw for cutting metal trim and metal borders but this can be seriously time consuming plus pretty damn sore on the hands after 4 mitres per corner in a bathroom with windows, what does everybody else use?

D

DHTiling

Snips will crush metal trims.......i use a mitre block and standard hacksaw ( for plastic trims )... and with metal trims you can also get pre-made corners..this will be quicker and neater than trying to mitre metal....:thumbsup:

L

LM Ceramics

i did have some trim snips i had them for a few years if you use them right it can give a good mitre and they save time but now i use mitre block and hacksaw

G

GazTech

Mitre block and standard not junior hacksaw
http://www.NoLinksToThis/sfd/i/cat/77/p2999077_x.jpg

P

Perry

i mitre the tiles looks a lot better but this is what i used to use when i had to use trim imo its makes a lot better job than a hacksaw and mitre block :pete
http://www.NoLinksToThis/prods/19927/Hand-Tools/Saws/Mitre-Saws-Boxes/Compound-Mitre-Saw-24-600mm

G

GazTech

i mitre the tiles looks a lot better but this is what i used to use when i had to use trim imo its makes a lot better job than a hacksaw and mitre block :pete
Compound Mitre Saw 24" (600mm) - NoLinksToThis, Where the Trade Buys
I used one of those for a while, but the cheap ones wear quickly and then give too much play in the action...maybe a more pro / expensive one would be better. I also found it bulky, not something to throw in the toolbox at 5pm on a Friday....

Reply to Trim snips / metal trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen