Discuss Trim advice on splashback in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I'm after some advice on what type of trim would look best.

I'm installing these Onda Atlantic 5cm x 25cm | Wall & Floor Tiles | Fired Earth Tiles - https://www.firedearth.com/onda-atlantic-5cm-x-25cm as a kitchen splashback in a brick bond pattern, they have slightly softened edges and an uneven appearance. There are some open ends, and areas along the top of the tiles which will be exposed. I was originally thinking of using trim, but think a plastic trim will look ugly, if I use a full tile at the top I guess I could neatly silicon the top edge (white grout and walls anyway) and it would look ok. But I'm not convinced that would look great on the vertical edge (where there would be cuts). So back to trim... I wondered about Matt white aluminium trim, what would that look like? I could go with a silver trim, but think it might look harsh.

I've also got some external corners on the window recess to do, I could mitre them, but wouldn't the wavey surface look naff (mitre just the backs and have a grout recess on the fronts maybe).

Untitled.png

On an unrelated issue there is currently a stainless steel splashback behind the hob - does anyone know how these are attached, are they screwed anywhere or just siliconed on?

Reply to Trim advice on splashback in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay