Search the forum,

Discuss Trim advice on splashback in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I'm after some advice on what type of trim would look best.

I'm installing these Onda Atlantic 5cm x 25cm | Wall & Floor Tiles | Fired Earth Tiles - https://www.firedearth.com/onda-atlantic-5cm-x-25cm as a kitchen splashback in a brick bond pattern, they have slightly softened edges and an uneven appearance. There are some open ends, and areas along the top of the tiles which will be exposed. I was originally thinking of using trim, but think a plastic trim will look ugly, if I use a full tile at the top I guess I could neatly silicon the top edge (white grout and walls anyway) and it would look ok. But I'm not convinced that would look great on the vertical edge (where there would be cuts). So back to trim... I wondered about Matt white aluminium trim, what would that look like? I could go with a silver trim, but think it might look harsh.

I've also got some external corners on the window recess to do, I could mitre them, but wouldn't the wavey surface look naff (mitre just the backs and have a grout recess on the fronts maybe).

Untitled.png

On an unrelated issue there is currently a stainless steel splashback behind the hob - does anyone know how these are attached, are they screwed anywhere or just siliconed on?

Reply to Trim advice on splashback in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I'm Looking For This Tile Porcelanosa Town White Polish 595mm
I'm looking for a few Porcelanosa Town White Polish / Pulido floor tiles - badly laid in my new...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen