Search the forum,

Discuss topps fix gear in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Matty A

Hi people

Been using Webber gear for about 8 mnths now and really like using it i get it for £6.50 per 15kg ready mix the only problem i have is that my supplier just ran out of it :sad_smile: and as i have given customer some discount on materials i need to get some gear at about the same price & topps tiles do there own and it is £6 to trade was wondering if any of you have used it and what you think of it.

Can also get granfix for £6.50 or Nicobond for £6.50

Which do you guys recommend?

cheers

Mat

F

Fekin

Yep, I'll second that, topfix gives great stick, and I honestly can say it's just as good as Bal Bluestar for slippage, or lack of it, and for the price it's even better.

M

Matty A

I kinda thought you would say it was good gaz :wink_smile:

Yeah i think i will give it a go then

Cheers lads

Matty:coffee:

J

jamieneish

why so expensive? i used toppfix on a job last week and was charged £28.99 at blackpool branch of topps.

J

jamieneish

just one 10ltr tub. normaly go to tile giant and buy Mapeistick for £6.75 per 10ltr so was less than happy when charged £28.99!!!! at topps.

wayne

TF
Reaction score
try the granfix supergrip that stuff will stick 600x300 tiles to walls with no slippage. not that i use it for tiles that size i just tried it one day! the nicobond gear is good as well

F

faithhealer

Tried a tub of Topps 'Grip' last week, £23 retail £15.99 trade. Only got it 'cos the customer paid. Back to tile it all (granfix) £7.00 next week! sorry topps but I know the grip is a white adhesive but the 'Grip' didn't stay live (sticky) on the wall as long as the granfix. Did the job though as I had to tile top to bottom. (long story)

Reply to topps fix gear in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all - I have a question about some cracked grout in my wet area shower, I've attached a...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen