Search the forum,

Discuss tiling using a 3 way mitre ( can cut them ) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Guitardedleon

its 11pm and my head is hurting - probably over thinking this..

when you have a three way mitre on boxing in ( so you end up with a shelf essentially.. )

how do you tile, having cut the trim?..as in, which surface first?

I feel it would be the top(shelf)?

then place the trim along that edge and tile the front panel, place the trim between front and side panel
then tile the narrow side panel.

I am likely making zero sense, In which case apologise.

TILE.jpg

G

Guitardedleon

got there in the end, not quite as good as I had wanted, but Ive seen worse.

the addy im using is going off in what seems like seconds which is making things far more tricky.
tried tiling first then sliding the trim behind, not a chance.. what I did in the end was left the trim slightly out of final placement and slid it the final few mm last thing.

one bucket went off within 4 mins! like bloomin playdough ( mixed exactly as the manufacturer recommends ) I havent got any white standard set :thumbsdown:

thanks for the replies, if I were using corner pieces it would mean another hour trip to a store
so had to make do with a 3way mitre.

this room is only a practice room really, the tiles cost nothing, just addy & grout

had a builder do my kitchen, and every single tile pops when walked on. and a few have cracked

I did my own porch (the 1st tiling I ever did) and it is solid and flat
so wanted to just keep on practising until confident enough to do my bathroom with fairly large tiles. hence all the likely obvious questions haha :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to tiling using a 3 way mitre ( can cut them ) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen