Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling under existing skirting and dbl glaze profile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Stevev

TF
Reaction score
I'm assuming there will be an inch or so gap once tiles have come up, up to bottom of skirting ... Plastic trim I'm talking of is the trim along the floor in front of door and two walls, again there'll be a hap below which hopefully is enough for 6mm adhesive and 12mm tile and any leveler used if any.

G

GoneGuy

I'm assuming there will be an inch or so gap once tiles have come up, up to bottom of skirting ... Plastic trim I'm talking of is the trim along the floor in front of door and two walls, again there'll be a hap below which hopefully is enough for 6mm adhesive and 12mm tile and any leveler used if any.
The pvc trim threshold is really cheap to buy in local double glazing shops. As if you try and pull it up it will end up snapping or bending.

Stevev

TF
Reaction score
There's like 2 x 2m lengths of it...its just a profile.. Its like a mini conservatory.

IMG_20180407_174725.jpg IMG_20180407_174735.jpg IMG_20180405_124512.jpg

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

Steve the UPVC on the floor - can this just not be removed when you tile the floor? Maybe I have misunderstood.

W

WetSaw

Rip it all out and run those pipes to the rad properly while you're at it ( or get a plumber in to do it...)
Easier to tile and arguably a better finish to put the skirting and trim on after.

Reaction score
hello Stevev, skirting off would mean some easyfill here and there,
not a problem. I have taken off those upvc D profiles off in the past
and where they're glued to the window frame ( in your case the
conservatory door ) some shards of plastic remain stubbornly
glued to the door /window . The chiselling off always leaves gouges.

Reply to Tiling under existing skirting and dbl glaze profile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen