Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I really don't get this .do we discuss prices or don't we .
When I'm asking and we are collating info that we could perhaps do every few years and see trends change, sure.

When a customer is going to hold their local tiler to the cheapest quote they have had online or on social media or whatever, hell no.

There's a massive difference in the two types of price.

D

Dumbo

I still don't get this, please correct me if I'm wrong but this is in a public area . Then when someone says how much, they get told we don't discuss , which is exactly what were doing so shouldn't it be in the arms.
As I said correct me if I'm wrong .

I

Italy

I still don't get this, please correct me if I'm wrong but this is in a public area . Then when someone says how much, they get told we don't discuss , which is exactly what were doing so shouldn't it be in the arms.
for me this thread must be in the arms

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I did it's above you.

We (I) will ask this every few years to see if we can find a trend and what that is.

I'll also be using it to show customers what their pricing is like (and to show them not to get a cheap tiler in).

It's a small part of a bigger bunch of things. And it needs to be public.

Reaction score
I assume you didn't do an apprenticeship or worked your way up learning the trade?
Personally I worked around 3 year's being a do this do that for a old school proper tiler learning the trade then done my 3 year appreciatship then another few years at not full rate, then had enough experience to know how what and why and don't now neex to ask, but that was before 2 week qualifications come out and you tube tilers.
As I said, I'm not a tiler at all, I'm a car mechanic by trade. But am looking to change careers and the idea of tiling really interests me. I was just trying to get a ruff idea of what potential earnings could be.

D

Deleted member 53336

As I said, I'm not a tiler at all, I'm a car mechanic by trade. But am looking to change careers and the idea of tiling really interests me. I was just trying to get a ruff idea of what potential earnings could be.
Average wage for tilers according to total jobs is around £32,00 per year. Another price online is; rates per square metre can vary between £20 and £40 per square metre. However, tilers can also charge by the day rate if they’ll be there for more than six hours or so, which can come to between £150 and £200 per day. so six hours a day, is now a days work haha. Greed, greed, greed. The times we live in hey.
I think as plasters nowadays and many other trades a fair days pay for a fair days wage is a no no. They will charge as much as they can no matter what and if the charge can be increased in any way at all, they will do it. Our society has become a dog eat dog society. On here, there seem to be some decent guys who are not willing to exploit people, they have integrity but most don't deserve the time of day, unless you charge of course for your time.
For these reasons above and shoddy work that has been done in the past by so called professionals, I no longer will have any tradesman doing work for me. I will do it myself and to a good standard but I admit is much slower.
[automerge]1574345278[/automerge]

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If I'm on a job for six hours what am I meant to do for the next two ,

May I suggest you spend it wisely, for instance, imparting your knowledge on those that need help with their projects because they are too tight to pay for it to be done by one of us rip of tradesmen.

Anyway I’m off for a swim in my pool, followed by a drive in the Lambo. 😂

D

Dumbo

May I suggest you spend it wisely, for instance, imparting your knowledge on those that need help with their projects because they are too tight to pay for it to be done by one of us rip of tradesmen.

Anyway I’m off for a swim in my pool, followed by a drive in the Lambo. 😂
I won't take mine out in this weather , I drive my other one at the weekends in the winter which I keep at my villa in Tuscany

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I won't take mine out in this weather , I drive my other one at the weekends in the winter which I keep at my villa in Tuscany

Tuscany?! you peasant... 😂

Reply to Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen