Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling over 22mm T&G chipboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
If you are installing Quartz then I would use Tile Master Ultimate as the adhesive.

I personally would fix tile backer board 10mm over the T&G floor. Fixed with adhesive and screws. Its easier to worth its that Hbacker.

Thats what I would do.

M

Mark1979

If you are installing Quartz then I would use Tile Master Ultimate as the adhesive.

I personally would fix tile backer board 10mm over the T&G floor. Fixed with adhesive and screws. Its easier to worth its that Hbacker.

Thats what I would do.

Hi McLovin,

I've heard a few people singing the praises of tile master ultimate. Is it a two part?

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
You could use it over Chipboard if you wanted. I personally would not. Its more work that standard adhesive. 22mm chip board should be fine in my opinion. However personally I don't ever like tiling over chipboard.

I would use a good flexable adhesive under the Backer board and then Tile master S2 to fix the quartz.

Id let the boards dry over night before you start to install the Quartz.

M

Mark1979

You could use it over Chipboard if you wanted. I personally would not. Its more work that standard adhesive. 22mm chip board should be fine in my opinion. However personally I don't ever like tiling over chipboard.

I would use a good flexable adhesive under the Backer board and then Tile master S2 to fix the quartz.

Id let the boards dry over night before you start to install the Quartz.
Thanks, so under the backer board what would you use?

Reply to Tiling over 22mm T&G chipboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen